View Single Post
      02-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

No idea. But sucks doesn't it? Insurance in general is legalized fraud in my opinion. They will always find a way to back out of what they should be covering.

If you went with option 1 - if it deteriorated again, would they cover it? If so, my thought is go with option 1. $200 a few times is a lot cheaper than $4K minus $800.

I really dislike insurance companies in general. It always amazes me the phone calls I get though to "insure" my heating system.

They always go on about the high cost of replacement (after of course they establish that the system is reasonably new) and its all "Oh it would be $500 for this part and $975 for this part and so on and you know, its really only $400 a year to buy our coverage..."

I generally ask them "Oh, so are you a charity?"

Inevitably after me defining what a charity means to the Nigerian person on the line, the response is "No".

And then my response "Oh, so you are a 'for profit' company then - you need to make money to survive as a business".

"Oh yes, of course"

"Oh, ok then, well, if the costs of replacement are so high and they're bound to happen to me so soon, but your policy is so much cheaper, how could you possibly make money then? If your policy is really cheaper for me then you'd better be looking for another job really soon, because your company must be on the verge of bankruptcy..."

"Ummmm.....silence..."

Me "Goodbye"
Appreciate 0