Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Lots of problems there man, I don't know where to begin but it comes down to GEAR (don't take offense to this post ).

1) Like others said, your resistances are horrid! 400 should be the minimum....700 is ideal for melee characters in inferno. However, see #3 which I think should be addressed simultaneously with resistance.

2) 9K dps and 16K life very low, dare I say too low, for inferno. Aim for over 30K life and 15K dps if you are going to be a more defensive role.

3) Finally, and most importantly for a Monk, your Life on Hit is ZERO! That's what will keep you alive. Google or youtube monks with very high Life on hit.....it's the only viable way to survive as melee.

3a) Along with Life on hit....your attack speed is very low. 1.4 attacks per second is not cutting it either. Find some rings, gloves, or a weapon with increased attack speed modifer.

Recommendation: Use whatever gold you have to buy gear on the AH to address these issues. If you are able, farm Act 1 inferno to find items and make more gold to get the items you want. I'm able to make 400-500K per hour doing my secret farm run + warden/butcher run. I have each run down to about 30 minutes, usually come out with x10 yellows, tons of gold, blues to sell, and an ocasional legendary. Nothign found was good enough for me to use, however, they do sell on the AH to add to that 400K per hour run.

- hit me up if you need more help. Oh, were you able to solo Hell Act IV and Diablo? It's a good measurement if you are ready for Act 1 inferno...Act 2 infero is a whole other story.
Agree with all points... I've been doing some research as I've heard Inferno can be quite the suckfest if you're not ready for it. I'm a DH so I need to focus more on kiting and slipping attacks, but I still need to ensure I don't get one-shot if I get hit. One thing I noticed that is low is 16k HP. I mean I'm still in Hell, Act 2 and my HP is 20k and about 10k DPS. Not great, but working on it.

I spent a lot of money on AH stuff, so I'm pretty broke, although I managed to craft a pretty sweet bow the other day. I have different weapon sets for different stuff, but this bow is pretty nice (attack speed, lightning damage, dexterity).

All in all, I'm enjoying the class

Last edited by Templar; 06-11-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0