04-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #140
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: This week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
SWOLE,
I'm curious about your refrigeration plans for the multiple kegs you will have on tap. Will each keg have its own mini-fridge type kegerator, or will you employ a commercial fridge solution that can hold multiple kegs? I have a Danby mini-fridge kegerator that is great when it works, but it can also be temperamental.
I will have two 5-gallon kegs (Sierra Nevada and Yuengling) in one mini-fridge with a tap connected to the granite bar top. This solutions works well for my needs because, generally speaking, the liquid gold will expire within 30-35 days of purchase anyhow. And I simply don't go through beer quickly enough to justify a commercial unit - though believe me I did consider it. Truth is that if I went with the commercial unit I wouldn't have had enough room for the the wine fridge.

The third tap will be connected to a British style ale (home brewed, room temp., naturally carbonated, fermented cask) similar to Doom Bar (from Cornwall) that will have a traditional hand-pulled style draught system.

I'm serious when I say if anyone wants to stop by they can. We should be open in two weeks!

Cheers,
t
Appreciate 0