View Single Post
      03-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #34
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Membership is worth it for the Roundel magazine alone... and of course the discounts for purchasing new vehicles can literally pay you for your membership as others have mentioned... So even if you are not geographically located near your chapter these are two huge benefits.

Discounts on parts at local dealers or at advertisers in the Roundel also are nice.,

Hopefully you are located near your chapter's geographical center, but if not, it may be worth a drive... I joined the Hoosier chapter in 1993 and drove one hour each way to Indianapolis for chapter events. Easily worth it! I am currently in the DFW area of Texas and we have club members that drive two to as much as five hours for some of our driving events like our autocrosses and our driver's education events.

For those that move often or are moving to a new area, being a club member and attending events in your new area are an instant way to make new friends in a new city!

I am WAY beyond biased, as I just recently became a LIFETIME member and I am also our chapter president... It's sorta ridiculous that I waited 17 years to pop for the lifetime membership... If you are a current member and have been for a few years, check out the extended membership rates, and for those that get rebates, maybe give back your give-back towards future give backs...

Mark Williams
Lone Star Chapter President, Chief Instructor, Autocross committee member

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 03-12-2010 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 0