View Single Post
      05-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #22
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

I was working my butt off at age of 27 as well.
You are probably doing better than I was when I was 27.

As long as you have enough $$ saved up for cloudy days, why not buy one?
Since interest rates are cheap, I would probably get financed. I would probably save that cash to invest in any types of investment that pays more than 150-200% of what you are getting a rate of vehicle loan at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
Me: 27, single, own a townhouse w/ 2-car garage, steady job, savings, retirement, fiscally conservative, etc. Paying off my 5-year/0.9% financing on my BMW this August. I intend to daily it for as long as it's reliable.

Wanted: (read NEED) a 90s 911. Prices have skyrocketed on aircooled Porsches in recent years, but they'll probably only continue to rise.
Personal goal is 911 by 30, but to not put a burden on my financials. I'm not made of money (laying out the full cash amount is doable but not something I'm comfortable with), and the smart thing would to not buy one or buy a cheaper project car, but I like to do what I want and I really want one.

Any of you who own a 2nd/weekend vehicle, how did you go about purchasing it? 100% cash, loan, partial loan, etc.? What's the smartest way to go about it?
Appreciate 0