First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 340i F30

Garage List
2016 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richeerich03 View Post
It's kinda funny reading this because you really have no idea.. You sound just like a recruiter.

You pay $100 a month for one year to DFAS for a total of $1200. They may offer a kicker later in your time of service. You pay them an extra $600 and it may increase your monthly GI Bill payments up an extra $150 or $5400 towards or GI Bill. Pay it.. Trust me.. They might not tell you this but all you have to serve is "2 years" in active duty to receive the gi bill..

I took classes also my first year in. Sure your Command will tell you to got for it, but your training comes first. They are gonna tell you that you didn't join to go to college, you joined to serve. I was one of few sailors in a marine squadron, and my MSgt denied my request the next semester cuz I would miss his afternoon PT...

Enlistment bonus the best deal so far ... I didn't find out until basic but it ensures you that you will do an extra year for your country... I think that year starts after basic and your school..

As for the debt, don't get the NEX card... lol

Just giving you a heads up on some BS you will learn your first year in..

Here is some good reading material..
Gi Bill info
yeah i have to agree with you about time for school. its not impossible to get classes in but extremely difficult. training comes first and you never know if your going to be in the field or working late, on nights what ever. i know some one that signed up for the same class 4 times and had to drop it every time. sure it didn't cost him any thing but thats a huge pain in the ass.

please dont let this sound like im trying to discourage you matt. you will probably like most aspects of it and i don't think you will regret joining when you get done and look back. good luck and have fun at basic.
Appreciate 0