Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt View Post
The GI bill will support me just fine, because I'm going to finish most of my degree at NO cost to myself while I'm in active duty, so the GI bill will pay for my remaining classes.

And I will have no debt because my enlistment bonus is going to pay off almost all of it, and I will pay off the rest while in duty.
It's kinda funny reading this because you really have no idea.. You sound just like a recruiter.

You pay $100 a month for one year to DFAS for a total of $1200. They may offer a kicker later in your time of service. You pay them an extra $600 and it may increase your monthly GI Bill payments up an extra $150 or $5400 towards or GI Bill. Pay it.. Trust me.. They might not tell you this but all you have to serve is "2 years" in active duty to receive the gi bill..

I took classes also my first year in. Sure your Command will tell you to got for it, but your training comes first. They are gonna tell you that you didn't join to go to college, you joined to serve. I was one of few sailors in a marine squadron, and my MSgt denied my request the next semester cuz I would miss his afternoon PT...

Enlistment bonus the best deal so far ... I didn't find out until basic but it ensures you that you will do an extra year for your country... I think that year starts after basic and your school..

As for the debt, don't get the NEX card... lol

Just giving you a heads up on some BS you will learn your first year in..

Here is some good reading material..
Gi Bill info