Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
great post. i fully agree with you.

i think the reason baseball doesn't test for steroids is that they NEED players doing roids and hitting HRs to keep attendence up. these days its not about pitching - its about high powered offenses that hit alot of balls out of the park. not surprising, since pitchers duels seem "boring" to your average fan who doesnt know crap about the game. this is exactly the type of person MLB wants to attract. people who don't know crap about the game.

that being said, i can't really hold anything against Bonds, cuz its my belief that at least 25-30% of major leaguers do roids. possibly even higher. Bonds just has better hand eye coordination and an uncanny talent for hitting.

these days, its not a big deal, several people have chances to break the record, including Arod, Pujols, Cabrera on the Marlins. its only going to get worse and worse as time goes on. Bonds will be forgotten one day and the MLB will be defined by all these people chasing the new HR record. ill be surprised when we see another pitcher chasing 300 wins.
I agree with you too--it might even be a higher % than 25-30. My guess is that MANY pitchers use this kind of stuff, to help their recovery time, as well as lengthen their careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom330 View Post
Can't stand Bonds. When I was a kid I was a big Pirates fan and went to see them play the Reds in Cinncy. I was about 9 years old, stood outside the hotel where the players were staying for hours to get his autograph. Porsche 911 pulls up with him and another guy in it, NOBODY else was around besides me and the prick told me to leave me alone and wouldn't sign my autograph. I could understand if a guy doesn't want to sign hundreds of autographs, but a kid decked out in Pirates gear waiting by himself should have been a gimme. Ever since then I hate him and wish him the worst. Worst attitude and personality in the game.
It sucks that some professional athletes have to act that way--but it's like Charles Barkley said a long time ago--"I'm not a role model". If these guys don't want to do something, they're just not going to do it. And I think that the public perception of this entire situation would be different if Bonds did not present himself the way he does--he often appears to be cocky, arrogant, even bored at times. I just can't "convict" him based on his crappy attitude and circumstantial evidence alone.

It sucks he seems to be a jerk--he could have been a great ambassador of the game. My dad tells me that Bonds' father NEVER came off the way Barry does. Its just too bad.