MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
we ain't want Melo either.....

there were some "talks" about Dwight speaking with Melo about 3 or 4 weeks ago - I almost wanted to die...

I'd rather have Rondo than Love or Melo......
I don't think you guys could even afford Melo or Love to be honest. Dwight, Harden, Asik, and Lin all have humongous contracts next year.

Dwight Howard - $21,436,271
Omer Asik - $14,898,938
Jeremy Lin - $14,898,938

James Harden - $14,693,906

Total Rocket guarenteed payroll in 2014/15 - $71,980,426
Rockets are f***** and not signing any big name free agents, believe that.

The only guaranteed Laker contracts of any size are Kobe and Nash.
Total Laker guarenteed payroll for 2014/15 - $35,344,228

It gets even better if they stretch provision Steve Nash (meaning only 1/3 of his salary hits for 2014/15). That would give us even more cap room to work with. The Lakers are ready to rebuild baby!

We could probably bring both Melo and Love over, but I don't know anyone in LA who actually wants Melo. Melo simply isn't a team player, and he doesn't bring post season success because of it.

Love would be an improvement over Gasol IMO so he makes sense, and since the Lakers stunk it out this season, we're pretty much a lock for a Top 5 or 6 pick in this loaded ass draft. Early news is we want Dante Exum, a super talented 1 or 2-spot guard out of Australia. Analyst compare his physical gifts and skills to Russell Westbrook, but much longer. There's also huge interest in Larmacus Aldridge who will be a free agent as well.

So next year could look like this for us:

Kevin Love/Gasol? Kaman?
Larmacus Aldridge/Jordan Hill
Xavier Henry/Wesley Johnson
Kobe Bryant/Jodie Meeks
Dante Exum/Jordan Farmer

That would be a very deep and competitive squad for next year.
Appreciate 0