View Single Post
      05-27-2014, 10:03 AM   #29
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

I got pushed into home ownership as well back in '08. Got screwed by Obama on the tax break (bought in July '08 during the crash and Obama only offered the "don't have to pay it back" $8K to those who bought in '09). I lived there five years and decided I didn't want to pay the kinda money to fix the myriad of items listed in this thread from various homeowners. Given, I bought at the top of my price range so I didn't have to "mod" the house...but at the end of it all, I just realized I don't care about owning a home and paying astronomical property taxes in Bexar County. Not only that, but I don't want to own a home in another county with lower taxes and drive a min. of 1.5 hrs. to work and back each day (which, for me, requires owning a second "beater" vehicle). I saw the market was up last year and houses in my, then, neighborhood were selling like hotcakes for more than what I paid so I called up a realtor and ditched my "investment". I don't mind renting. Hell, I am downsizing. I am in an 1800 sq. ft. rental house that I HATE. Me and the GF are moving to a 1400 sq. ft. luxury apartment in July. I don't NEED all this crap I own...
Appreciate 0