Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
As previously mentioned, its about about 80% diet, 20% training. Cardio is great, but can only do so much. Lifting weights can help as it increases your metabolism so you are burning calories even when you aren't training.

But getting back to diet, you must:
1. Never skip breakfast
2. Eat at least 4 times a day
3. Eat clean foods
4. Eliminate carbs from your later meals in the day (say meal 3 and 4)

Regardless of how busy you are, if you dont get your diet sorted out you wont lose the weight you want.
Sorry mate, but that is the worst advice and scientifically incorrect. I don’t blame you because someone has probably provided you bad advice.

If we’re both talking about someone losing weight as this thread suggests.

You do not need to have breakfast to lose weight this has proven by Intermittent Fasting (IF). Generally when people have Breakfast they’re waking up from the morning to Break their Fast – hence why we call Breakfast, Breakfast. Traditionally breakfast consist of carbohydrates eg Oats, Toast etc. Carbs helps restore Glycogen which is the element that gives you energy from your carbohydrate sources. If you don’t have “breakfast” say at 9am your body will look for other energy sources elsewhere, guess where? Your fats, that's right your body will be in a fasten state and use your fats as energy.

Meal frequency is another myth which with IF you do not need to have 4, 5, 6 meals a day to lose weight. You can have 2 or 3 meals to lose weight. Remember the only way to lose weight is a calorie deficit, if you had 6 meals which = 2500 cals vs 2 meals = 2500 cals, they will both lose weight.

Eating clean yes you can lose weight without a doubt but if we’re talking purely on losing weight, you can eat whatever you want in moderation just as long as you’re on a calorie deficit you can lose weight

Example A

Meal 1 – Clean
Meal 2 – Clean
Meal 3 – Double cheese burger, large fries, large Coke + 12 pack of chicken nuggets

Total calorie intake = 2500 cals

Example B

Meal 1 – Clean
Meal 2 – Clean
Meal 3 – Clean

Total calorie intake = 2500 cals

Who’s going to lose weight? They both A and B will. Read more here

Lastly eliminate carbohydrates later? That is the worst thing I’ve ever heard of, carbohydrates is your friend without carbohydrates you will be in a catabolic state with no energy. Carbohydrates is your energy source. You have to remember carbohydrates, junk food does not make you fat excess calories does.

In summary I don’t mean to pick on you, but it’s bad advice given to people who want to achieve their goals and I see it all the time on the internet and at the gym.

I work 9-5pm my first meal of the day is at 12pm and my last meal is at 7pm. My 7pm meal is 200g of rice, chicken, eggs, broccoli, 2x Golden Crumpets with Nutella and Peanut butter. Without fail I’ve been losing .5kgs a week without ZERO cardio.

Calories in vs Calories out.

I've added hyper links as reference and source

Last edited by ATTN; 06-27-2013 at 12:25 AM..
Appreciate 0