Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex View Post
Welcome to the club...LOL same story can't get to unplug those damn connectors:
I did mine last week, it is definitely not as easy as it looks. You had to take a small flathead screwdriver and push through the tab and pull. Pushing down sometimes doesn't do it. There is a little tap you can go inside and push down then pull them off. Then make sure to tape them all around and if you have zip ties, zip tie them to the plastic shield on driver's side and back to its original housing on the passenger side.

I have noticed a huge difference cold start, and in low rpm. My car sounds way better and now I have no use for a new exhaust as I would only get it for sound. I may get black tips at some point.

If you feel a change in performance or try to "feel a difference" you probably will feel a difference as you will expect it. I highly doubt there is any noticeable difference with the valves being open.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0