View Single Post
      12-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #141
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdaq100 View Post
About the sound, why it should be different? in sport the valves are opened even under 3000 RPM. I have tried many situations in my parking and I could hear the "bip" which makes the valves opened at every start up. I have just noticed that the valves remains closed at throttle off, cruising, over 4 th gear and cold start. Sport Plus always opened.
For the performance I totally agree with you, I didn't feel any power loss, I just did many runs with my VBOX plugged and unplugged and plugged in was always faster with just few tenths. I really don't have any objective explanation for that.
I don't say anything bad about this mod, I have driven my car unplugged for 2 weeks and I really loved it, it's just that I would like to understand why I had 2 or 3 tenths differences when I have tested with my VBOX. The reason I remains the plugged in is because I do a lot of trips on highways and it gave me headache after 500 kms
it appears that DCT does result in drone with this mod. 6mt does not appear to have this issue, likely due to gearing

the valves are definitely NOT open before 2500-3000 RPM in any mode with the plugs connected. you can easily tell this when driving around town with them plugged in and then unplugged.

the valves are always closed at start up, regardless of mode. there is some literature on this from BMW, I just don't happen to have it handy