E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arggg45 View Post
i remember them saying earlier this year that starting at some point this season, the teams would no longer have access to the FOM feed (BBC, etc), which would eliminate that situation.

that said, am I the only one that doesn't really care for Webber's whining? While he may be pissed off at not being able to pass Vettel, RBR, like Ferrari, is committed to winning the Constructors Championship, and with their history of taking each other out, there was a not insignificant chance of them taking each other out. I'd take an expected value of 33pts over an uncertain number of points any day.
Webber should be in the sport long enough to know how it works. Its all about points and maximum points scored for the team with minimum risk. Any close "racing" will have an "opportunity" to fuck things up. Especially in the heat of frantic race.

MW bitched about if he passed SV and in case Fernando retired, I could be fighting for the win. C'mon, mark, get real, you'd think RBR will let you do this? They would rather to put SV in front if possible and seal the deal for both WDC and WCC as fast as they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Great race. More than Alonso winning it, RedBull lost it, but that's racing. Glad to see things shaken up a little . And as noted, P2/3 for RB was still great after that major pit f***up.

And MS continues crashing into people with his rookie moves. Well deserved penalty.

On the RB 'controversy', with MW 80 freaking points behind Vettel, and absolutely nothing to lose, it'd have been stupid for Horner not to calm him down, especially now that it's legal to do it.

And the super good luck Alonso had, must have sucked it from Button. Man, what a stupid way to end the race, and in his own country. Third time he DNFs, I believe. Oh well.

Finally, the WCC is all but RB; no way in hell anybody can catch them up 110 points ahead. And on the WDC, with SV 80 points ahead of MW and 92 from FA, it'd be a super long shot for anybody else to catch up, but it's still possible. Vettel deserves the title, but hope '12 becomes more competitive. Take care gang.
JB just had bad luck in Silverstone, what a shame, he could've pick up some solid points for the team.

The situation cannot be any better for RBR, McLaren and Ferrari and scrapping points from each other, and the Bulls keep piling up the points, and expanding the gap.

I can even say to a point, RBR don't even need to win from now on at all, the rivals will kill each other for the win and RBR will win both Champions before the guys from Maranello and Woking realized they ran out of races.