View Single Post
      07-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #101
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Great race. Enjoyed most of it.

Blake, did all the locals bad-mouthing Lewis know he had fuel issues? (From very early on it sounded, maybe up to 20 laps before the end.) Seems a bit odd that they were all annoyed at him.

Also, on the regs returning to normal for the German GP. There has been alot of speculation that Ferrari was behind all of this initially. The fact that they have been quiet all along is almost just as telling as if they had been spearheading it openly. So, coupled with the fact that Ferrari has won the one race where the blown diffusers have been limited I would say the issue isn't quite over yet.

The post race interview with Stefano Domenicali was telling of that as well. As when he was asked if the situation was over and done with he just wryly smiled and didn't answer.

The next week or two until the next race will be one of the most interesting if not the most confusing. I kind of look forward to it though. Plus, surely Red Bull are suffering from a lack of TV coverage as they are usually so far ahead they get forgotten about as the announcers focus on the actual battles and the part of the races that we have considered to be 'classic' status racing.

Lastly, RBR is a great team. But I find it funny at one of the few times they are in a challenging position that they fail to deliver excitement.