United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
One way to do that is extreme punishment for the original owner of the firearm should it be used in a crime and there was no FFL transfer done for that sale. The seller should be charged as a willing accessory to the crime committed.

If your firearm is stolen and you fail to report it stolen and it is used in a crime you should be charged as an accessory to that crime, just as if you drove that person to the scene of the crime knowingly.

If you report a firearm stolen more than 3 times in a year your license is suspended. If you report a firearm stolen more than 6 times in your life, you license is revoked.

Why is logic lost on the government?

These are very similar ideas I was also thinking of for logical gun control. I would think they would be relatively simple to implement and maintain. Maybe also include something like a required firearms safety class to those who are buying their first (known) firearm.

The problem is you have one side screaming for less regulations than we currently have, and the other side screaming for bans. I'm sure the majority falls in between these two sides, which is why I don't understand the difficulty in finding common ground on logical regulations like suggested above.