View Single Post
      08-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #25
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

hey roast i too did the vending machines for a few years a couple back with 2 friends.

when i got out we had 11 machines and now they up to 26. our niche was healthy machines so we only vended out pop chips, nature valley bars, natural drinks, etc.

we started off at local schools then got to the ymca and jccs.

it was incredible the profit margin especially on water. go to costco pick up a case of poland spring and unit cost was like .10 and we vended for $1.25-1.75 depending on location.

when schools are on summer vacation we just moved them to the baseball parks, etc to keep them running.

i don't know what type of machines you had but each one was about $8k and they avged about $90-$120 a day.

when i wanted out, the schools were really laying down new rules about calories, had to pay a separate tax for dairy products, etc; although still profitable it cut into our end.

also it got to a point where 20+ machines we needed to hire a driver to keep stocking them. if my friends get the college account they have been working on for a while they will be up to ~76 machines... can't imagine what that would be like....

easily manageable and profitable at start but once you get going its hard to stop but you def need more help and hours put in along the way.

Last edited by hl0m4n; 08-14-2014 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0