United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Hey, Nature - NICE FiOS! Verizon has had FiOS in the east coast for a long time now and it's quite surprising how many folks aren't jumping onto the bandwagon - you get 4X the speed and reliability for nearly the same cost, if not cheaper than other slower competitors.

I also didn't even know Verizon FiOS expanded into CA. Nature, there some kind of website I can go to to check for FiOS availability?

EDIT: Found it! http://www22.verizon.com/content/ConsumerFios
Where on the east coast do they offer this Verizon FiOS? This thread is the first I have ever heard of Verizon FiOS. But then again, I don't even have a landline phone (I use Vonage for my home phone), so it would be unlikely for Verizon to send me updates services in the mail.

I used to have Verizon DSL when I lived in Boston and it was unbearably slow (about 700-800kbs down and 64-100 kbps up). When I moved to NYC (and then NJ), all of the cable companies had advertisement making fun of how slow Verizon DSL was compared to thier services. I went with Time Warner since my building has a discount deal with them (about $30-35/mo for cable modem)
Appreciate 0