View Single Post
      03-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
CarReviewBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakster View Post
Aside from the engine options, I love the new IS. Great aggressive looking exterior, amazing interior, good driving characteristics and well priced. Only issue with it is the terrible engine options. For the average consumer, engine options are not as important (aside from mileage), so I can definitely see why its selling so well.

I think it'll work out since they would have a hard time competing with the 2015 C-Class and how well it dominates in luxury+comfort.
Great post. I think Lexus will take the #2 spot as well. You listed some very good points in that people look at the new Lexus line up and they see something different and aggressive. They could care less about engines and performance because the vast majority of the buyers willing to shell out 40k+ on a car don't know these things. They see something that is eye catching and they will buy it.

Lexus have created another volume seller and it's a smart creation in that it's not eating at ES/RX crowds, it chops away at Q50/3/A4 crowds instead.
Appreciate 0