View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #37
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti335 View Post
How do you plan on making your car fast and keeping the warranty? Dinan voids the factory warranty and replaces with its own limited warranty. You get the same thing with Audi and Stasis. I guess you could get a PPK but that gets you what, an extra 20 hp? Still below what Audi makes stock.

The difference in acceleration between the S4 and 335i is 0.5 seconds according to Edmunds (same driver, cars tested back to back on the same day). That's not insignificant. Actually, that's more than the difference between 328i and 335i.

As for the BMW "lifestyle", I feel like it's becoming a thing of the past. BMW does not really care about the enthusiast driver anymore. They seem to be more interested in selling cars to women and status seekers these days. What bugs me about BMW is that it appears to be a company in decline, even if the sales numbers do not yet reflect it. BMW has tossed aside their core strengths and are focusing on generic luxury. They are diluting brand equity by putting the M badge on everything, from SUVs to diesel powered family cars. The M cars don't even have unique engines anymore...just reinforced versions of the standard I6 and V8 blocks with more boost. In fact, I'm pretty sure that "M" stands for Marketing these days. The 3 and 5 series, BMW's core product lines, have become too soft and isolating. You can't even get a real sport suspension on the 5 series anymore (and on the 3 series, it's only available on the Sport Line in conjunction with a bunch of unnecessary and overpriced cosmetic stuff). And don't get me started on the upcoming FWD cars like the Z2...
The PPK does only advertise 20 hp but no one knows if that is true. But BMW has Exhaust, BBK, Suspension, Shifters, Steering wheels, and More. Does Audi? Does Audi let invite people to pickup their cars at their racetrack and race? I could go on and on but BMW gives you more.

And I have ordered a JB3 stage 1 and have had my downpipe for a week. Took it to the dealership to remove A.S.S. and they can't even tell it was on there. As for the JB I can take it off and no one i have seen has been caught using one and got a Warrenty claim denied. Audi is on a a witch hunt and deny claims left and right for Tunes.

As far as Dinan and Stasis being the same is laughable. One is a sound company with great products and the other is almost out of business.

Well I have seen several comparisons and it's more like 3 tenths with the 335i having wheel spin.

5 series is soft but it is suppose to be but so is the A6 which handles like a pig. The base 3 series can be had with a M Adaptive Suspension (which is awesome btw) so that point is mute and you could even take it a step further and get the M Performance Suspension which should be even better.

Everything you say about BMW using the same engines Audi copies so I don't know if that point holds water.

Don't get me started about the M myth. The only people who claim M cars are soft are forum people who don't own one.
Appreciate 0