View Single Post
      04-19-2024, 01:06 PM   #1
iLukiji
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Need help on wheel size and rubbing issues please

I have a 2009 E92 335i with m sport suspension (stock). Right now I have 18x9 +33mm m359 reps square setup (I don't think they are Avant Garde but not sure since I bought car used).

I recently upgraded tires to pilot sport A/S 235/40 front 265/35 back and I'm experiencing rubbing on the front and back but the back is much worse (front is only when I turn the wheel a lot). I admit I didn't do enough research but almost all online forums people were running a similar setup or even bigger tires without running into any rubbing issues.

When replacing tires I was notified that one of my back rims is cracked so I need to replace it and was thinking of getting silver wheels anyway (mine are black right now). Looking at Avant Garde m359 18x8.5 front 18.9.5 back. What offset should I be getting in order to get less tire rub? There's an option for +45mm.

I'm also planning on rolling back fenders and replacing rear shocks (putting in Bilstein B6) and bump stops since I'm pretty sure the back bump stops are completely worn out. Maybe this could be another reason for rubbing?

Sorry for the jumble of information just looking for any help because I can't find any information online.

Thank you
Appreciate 0