View Single Post
      04-13-2014, 02:44 AM   #995
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I was at Claypit a few weeks ago, took my wife and her best friend. The food was "OK" but I'm not gagging to go back anytime soon. Not long ago I went to Bomboy Bistro off S. Lamar. Have you been there? Very friendly service and for a lunch buffet, it went pretty damn hard.

Let's switch gears to Thai curries though. Talk to me.
Aww man to be brutally honest I don't know much about the Thai food scene in Austin. What would you recommend?

I actually went to Bombay Bistro on S.Lamar pretty recently I was hankering for some Chili's molten chocolate lava cake so I decided to take a trip to the Brodie Oaks center only to find that Chili's had closed down, so I noticed Bombay Bistro nearby and said why the hell not. I did enjoy the food. I had their traditional chicken curry and some potato dish as part of their lunch buffet which was good.

The server who was refilling drinks for everyone was extremely nice and hence I left a size-able tip, but the hostess was quite rude which left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm kind of clean-freak when it comes to restaurants and a lot of the tables were a little dirty when I went in, so I took maybe 15 or 20 seconds looking for a clean table in a mostly empty restaurant, and the hostess rudely and hurriedly tried to usher me to a table for no good reason. The restaurant was maybe at 5% capacity, there was no one else waiting at the hostess stand, and frankly speaking I can find my own damn table by myself for a lunch buffet. Her hovering over me while I was looking for a place to sit down was unnecessary.
Appreciate 0