ruscoupe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Your pants fitting has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I am talking about the fact that you think you can lose weight (i.e. be in a caloric deficit which is the only way to lose weight) and still gain muscle mass (which is the exact opposite, because you're gaining).

If you don't believe in science, then that's a whole different issue... Maybe you're a magician? But a caloric deficit does not equal muscle gains. Never has, and never will.
[hammer to skull]

Hey look, as I said already, do what you want to do and I'll stay my course. Personally, you sound like the guy I see at the gym that just sits on a mat and reads his books while everybody around him is actually working out.

Gotta ask though, in all your excitement are you confusing your players? I never said cutting caloric intake alone was going to build muscle. On that, we can agree. It doesn't work that way. You'd lose fat and muscle if all you did was cut the calories. But that doesn't exactly seem like rocket science to figure out.

All I know is as I said in my first post, by cutting my caloric intake, throwing in daily cardio (20-40 mins treadmill) and 4 sets of 10 reps of various dumbell work, my waist and stomach are smaller, and my arms/chest have definitely seen an increase in muscle and strength.

In all this debate, do you think it's possible you're overlooking one small fact; that eing that not everybody responds to caloric deficit, weigh lifting, cardio, etc the same way. Would be nice if it were that simple, but it's just not.

Rus
Appreciate 0