View Single Post
      05-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #96
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo24 View Post
I feel for you on this. It sounds pretty distressing but the problem with issues like this is its easy to get sucked in to conspiracy issues.

The links above are all very valid (well, except the FCC stuff, although they are a bunch of dicks) but the problem is there is nothing that SHOULD be able to transmit/generate fields of such magnitude to cause these effects. And this is what BMW will say and I agree with them.

If possible you need to find another car with roughly the same configuration and drive that. BMW have sold hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of cars with comparable equipment which would see much greater numbers of complaints if it was an issue with the platform.

Could it be a faulty transmitter in the Connected Drive cellular module? Possibly. Could it be the radar system on the Adaptive Cruise? Again, possibly, but even still, these things are not designed to pump out much more than your cellphone. In car WiFi?

Can you use a cellphone at your ear without issue? Can you sit next to a WiFi router without problems? knowing the answer to this may point to a particular culprit.

The answer, if there is one to be found, will be 'The xyz Module', not 'It's the car'.

Good luck, but careful what you read..... :-)
At least someone cares......To the rest of you haters PISS OFF
Appreciate 0