vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
When hospitalized several years ago (traffic accident - broke some stuff) hospital staff kindly queried if I had any food preferences (standard procedure). I replied: "All OK, no exceptions but it would be nice if you could arrange for doubling the dessert". And so all meal stickers during my hospital stay indicated dessert × 2. My beloved wife wasn't surprised when she found out.
During my last hospital stay, they asked me about my food preferences. I told them that I wanted steamed vegetables for breakfast, and absolutely despised eggs in any form to the point of barfing on the spot if I even smelled them. Not only could they not provide veggies for breakfast, but they would substitute eggs every morning and *destroy* my entire breakfast tray as I refused it on the spot and made them remove it from my sight and smell area.

It wasn't all bad, though. The dietary computer made a mistake one day, and opened up the entire breakfast menu for me to order from. The irony of ordering double bacon while in the cardiac unit because they couldn't bring me steamed vegetables for breakfast still makes me chuckle even today. (I gave it to my DW, who spent the night at the hospital with me.)

A secret in all of our area hospitals is that each floor's nursing station has a refrigerator stocked with "emergency" food/beverage items like turkey sandwiches, juices, ginger ale, etc. All that you need to do is ask for the stuff. Let me tell you, a soggy turkey sandwich and can of ginger ale never tasted so good after another night of NPO and waiting all morning for a test/procedure that required it.....
UncleWede18085.00