View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #31
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by phecht View Post
I was wondering if there are any current or graduated med students here that could just lend a bit of advice. I'm hopefully going into med school soon and wondering how you paid for insurance, gas, and any other miscellaneous fees. I'm aware that loans are the main crutch. Although seeing as though whoever answers this has already experienced it, I just wanted to know if you had any advice without going too much into dept. Currently I'm about to go into the EMT field for some decent money and preparation for med school. But I doubt I will be able to continue that while I'm studying to be a doctor. I know the M3 is a relatively expensive car to maintain and curious on how you guys got through it. Thanks any replies in advance!
A high mileage e46 is ~$13k. That's not the issue though - repairs are not cheap on these cars. I would be leery.

Between student loans and deferred income, getting an m3 now is a poor decision. Get a fun car with a warranty. I actually bought an s2k when I started residency and I absolutely loved the thing.

I would consider something similar. Maybe a Scion FRS or the Subaru version? Just a thought.
Appreciate 0