View Single Post
      06-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #112
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
bmw may not be focused on pure sports cars, but it's known for putting driver engagement as the top priority when it designed its cars. that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. bmw seems more focused on comfort and technology now. i drove an f30 as a loaner, and i couldn't believe how different it felt from the previous gen. the drivetrain was powerful, but the ride felt softer, and the steering was accurate but lacked road feedback and weight build up. it made me feel less confident as a driver. i don't think the f30 even feels like a bmw anymore. it's a much bigger gap compared to the switch from the e46 to the e9x. i concede that european eps is still young and will probably improve with time, but bmw and the majority of its buyers dont seem concerned with the driving experience. what was it? like 80% of 1 series owners think their car is fwd?

even in terms of quality, bmw seems to be slipping. the vinyl wrap on my door trim is peeling and the plastic underneath is no better than a sub $15k car. i'm not too angry about it because i bought my car mainly on how it drove, but it makes me wonder how large bmw profit margins must be. in the f30, the interior definitely looks better but there's no more retractable cup holders or push to open storage compartments. it sounds like something stupid to complain about but the car just seems less special now. it pretty much felt like a downgrade even though its a new generation.

chris harris speaks the truth. have a listen

Last edited by i dunno; 06-26-2013 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0