View Single Post
      12-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #25
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
I am basing that off multiple articles and reviews. Not just one. If you are saying you don't think it has been the best blueray player until this point, you have obviously been living under a rock.

I did read the thread and saw you realize there are pros and cons to each system which is obviously the case. My original post was not to put down the 360. For the money, it's a great buy. I was calling out phantom on his outlandish 'factual' claims.

Peace.

Quote:
Wow, are we bad at making predictions of what the Nielsen VideoScan charts -- courtesy of Home Media Magazine -- are going to do. We thought we were going to see another ho-hum week like the last few, and then Batman went and made us fall out of our chair by single handily giving Blu-ray the best week it's ever had in the four months we've been tracking the market share. Another first this week is something that Hollywood expects to see more often -- but is too early to call a trend -- is the fact that while DVD sales are down for the week, Blu-ray is up. Now we realize right up front that a big part of the reason for this is because Batman Begins has been out on DVD for, forever, and was just released for Blu-ray this week. But you can take a look at Batman: Gotham Knight and see that head to head, the new release netted the same result as the overall share at 12 percent. This can only be a good sign for Blu-ray in regards to the future of packaged media, but again we'll remind everyone that 7 of the top 20 titles on DVD are not available on Blu-ray. Looking forward, most of the new releases should be available on Blu in the coming months, so we'd be very surprised if Blu-ray couldn't keep up this pace going into the holiday season where it really looks like it'll have the opportunity to take off.
-engadget
Oh I'm sorry, it was 88% of consumers, not 90%

Why don't YOU do your research before calling me out on my "outlandish" claims.

If you want, I'll find the 360 outselling the PS3 source too...if you still think my claims are outlandish.
Appreciate 0