02-11-2024, 12:10 AM   #71
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamasM3e93 View Post
Curious your updated thoughts on whether the cabin pressurization alarm was connected, with new information coming out. Prior riders reported a whistling noise around the area of the door plug. This one was a subscriber only article, will see if I can pick it up from one of the news services i pay for.
I've been off the planet for the past two week (wreck diving in Truk Lagoon), so I'm unsure what you're asking? I haven't been following this at all.

Yes, I could see there being some whistling from the door plug-- that wouldn't surprise me too much. But, if it happened, why wasn't someone notified? Or a maintenance inspection done? I'd imagine a passenger would tell a flight attendent-- who (since they fly on the things constantly and pass down the aisles about a gazillion times a flight) would probably notice if it sounded unusual. If it did at all, I'd expect them to tell the Captain.

As far as the "pressurization light"-- I'm not sure what the media's been reporting? Are we talking a "cabin press low" light? Or are we talking a "cabin pressure controller" light? They're two very different things.

R.
vreihen1615484.00