11-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Some clown near me replaced his red SLS with a 2013 black SL, talk about a major downgrade, especially in style. Really not feeling the exterior of this one. The interior is great though.
Not sure why someone would go from SLS to SL... the SL is like the 'baby SLS' kinda. did he get the SL65? (that may not have been the biggest downgrade)

Regardless, again, having driven and seen both the last model SL550 and the new SL550 in the garage, on the road, etc... I still like this new one (and not just because my dad just got one). Idk, I really do like the styling. Maybe because my dad's '09 SL didn't have the AMG package like this one? Or the fact that he got it the first year it was released - so now it feels dated to me?

I love the matte color and do think the car stands out. The older model was sleek, but this model truly is a different car (its turbo-charged, not NA, its wider and longer, but lighter). Handling is actually very similar, same with steering - there is just more power and WAY more torque, the throttle is incredibly responsive in sport mode.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0