07-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #19
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
I would like to see it evolve into more of a light weight track tool
I don't agree. That will drive the cost up and flies in the face of what the car is to be and would probably drive sales numbers down. I"m not sure they'd recoup all the traditional Mustang lovers they'd lose with a higher-priced V6 or GT (or Ecoboost now I guess) developed at the Ring which will rattle your molars loose over potholes. The GT350, yes, the commoner trim levels, no IMO.

They are headed in the right direction, the closing speed on coupes like the M3 et al is moving at a good pace already (although I'm pretty sure the M4 will dust the new one but we will see just what that comparison looks like soon enough). Remember what a steaming pile of crap the 3V was? Ford was on the same chassis (albeit updated) when the BOSS came out. Pretty crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Lets not forget the rumors originally had it shrinking dramatically in size and weight. Next gen this will be true (hopefully).
I was hoping for some reduction but I think jumping from one gen to the next while only gaining <100 lbs is ok. Believing the rumors that it would lose 300+ lbs... Well, if you believed that would happen, I've got a bridge to sell you. Gaining a small amount of weight from one gen to the next is not good, but ok just the same. I also wish they would have done better in that regard but we have to ask at what cost that would have been implemented....

They will keep the weight light enough to meet their performance goals while still coming in under budget. That will always be how it works, it will not go severely light-weight (aside from special "trims") for the foreseeable future.

I'm much more interested in the dynamics as opposed to the power output. It's a completely different car. It got a ~4% power increase but the performance gain will be much greater than that.
Appreciate 0