View Single Post
      02-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
Belarus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Had my Vert for almost a year. LUV it . The best of two worlds. Can't thank enough my wife and daughter convincing me to get it since I wanted a coupe.

Yes there is no doubt weight difference and you do feel it when you drive Vert compare to E90 or E92. It feels heavier and less agile. However is she buying a car to race with or cruise/drive around the city ? Even with almost 400lbs additional weight 335i Vert has more than enough peppiness in it. And if you add JB3 with DCI performance tune it'll be more than enough to keep her happy when she puts pedal to the metal.

Also there is nothing like taking it for a test drive. Take her to BWM dealership and take Coupe and Vert for a test drive. Ideally if she can wait until late spring so you can test drive Vert both with roof up and down.

One recommendation since she's looking to purchase a pre-owned BMW, if she does decide to go with Vert, before purchasing it take it to Touch-less car wash to make sure there are no defects and roof doesn't leak.

EDIT: after reading one of the posts above. Don't worry about external noise because of hard top. I certainly didn't notice it, and I spend quite a bit of time on hands free phone driving @ 140-150...

Good luck

12.770 @ 112.81 mph||slip||JB4|FMIC|DPs|DCI|N54 DVs|ER CP|Koni FSD|Eibach-Pro|F Strut-bar|R Sway-bar|Hankooks V12|DPE SP16|BBK|15%Tint|CF Front Lip|CF Diffuser|M3 Spoiler|SmartTop|LUX AE|Debadged

Last edited by Belarus; 02-19-2010 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0