View Single Post
      08-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #22
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

It's an argument I have almost every time the wife is in the car with me. "Why do you yell at us, they can't hear you?" "Because if I don't call them on it, they will continue to be a-hole drivers and they need to learn it isn't OK" (I am not necessarily directing this at you)

I fully support your idea of showing the original a-hole just what he is. It was the way you did it that rubbed me a bit wrong.

i.e. if I'm driving my beater truck and some a-h parks in 2-3 spots because he thinks he deserves to with his fancy car, I park (legally) just barely on my side of the next parking stall.

In that driving picture in one of the other threads where I said I merge-block I pull up to where I should naturally merge, then match the speed of the cars to leave my merge spot open, but block anyone from trying to pass me and the rest of us who have been patiently waiting to get to our destinations.

Just this morning there was a long line of cars waiting at the red light. I glance in my mirror and see a truck cruising up in the right lane with his left turn signal going, looking for a spot to hop the line. He knows exactly that the rest of us all have to get to work as well. The red is just on the other side of the train tracks so he dives in between the two cars on each side of the tracks.
Now, I caught up to him down the road, and slowly passed shaking my head as he glanced over. He knew that I knew that he is a dick. But I refrained from hopping into his lane and slowing him down, swerving into his lane, or anything a-holish and reckless like that.
Appreciate 0