View Single Post
      08-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #14
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
In my experience, the order of importance is as follows

1 - Protein (High Quality all the time) - any type, any time - need the amino acids to build muslce.
2 - High quality Whey protein after a work out and a mixed release protein some other time of day. Your muscles will be rebuilding up to 48hours after a good work out, so you want fast (whey) and slow release (mixed) protein to ensure your body has the materials to repair and build muscles all the time.
3 - NO through out the whole day and Creatine, generally once a day - these are supposed to help blood flow to your muscles.
4 - Drink less booze - do some research, booze seriously impairs muscle growth

Like others noted before, its hard to make specific suggestions without knowing where you are and where you want to be.

I have done a lot of research in the last few months, as i was big into lifting in college (graduated 5 yrs ago) and quit for almost 4 years and just got back into 2.5 months ago.

I have been using BSN and Ultimum Protein, BSN Nitrix, BSN NOxplode with a 6 day a week work out including only lifting (no cardio, I really hate cardio) on a 3 day rotation, and a 2.2k (900 calories from protein shakes) a day calorie intake except for one cheat day a week.

Not sure what ur goals are, mine have been to put on lean muscle and drop fat. I have gone from 144 lbs to 152 lbs and from 14% body fat to 8.5% in 2.5 months. I am at about 90-95% of the weights i was pushing in college when I topped out at 165 lbs.

Just my experience with those supplements.
Appreciate 0