11-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #98
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Let's see if a basic core problem shows here with the child in Cleveland and the air pistol.

Watch the over 6 minute video just released.
All alone 12 year old in the snow.
It seams everyone else was bored with his antics and had left the cameras view.
6 minutes of walking and sitting.
How many adults knew he was out waiving this air pistol around? Someone called the police...
More than enough for one to take 2 minutes to go out and take it from him and give him a freaking earful.
Instead, they did nothing and now a 12 year old who thought it would be cool to point an air pistol with the signal orange cap removed is in a morgue.

Today.
Look at all the adults in Cleveland, standing in the cold with signs for justice.

Something is seriously wrong with this picture.
I agree with the spirit of this post but just one bone to pick: with the orange safety tip removed, how could anyone but the 12yo know that the gun wasn't real? If the cops had known then they wouldn't have to shoot the kid dead and if other adults had known then they could have taken it from him. But with that safety tip removed for all the cops knew the kid was about to shoot them if he took it out and for all the other adults knew they were going to get shot if they tried to take the gun from him.

Responsibility in a case like this one only lies with the perp. He removed the tip, he waved the gun around, he pulled it out when the cops came to ask him what's up. I don't think that we can blame the adults when they didn't know that the gun was fake. Especially when they couldn't tell because the kid removed the orange tip to make it look real.

This is what is so exhausting about hearing headlines like "unarmed 12yo shot dead by police" when to literally anyone looking in from the outside, he appeared armed and was waving the gun around to boot. It's different if you get shot pulling out your wallet or something but if you're waving around an airsoft pistol with the safety orange tip removed? Give me a break.

Last edited by PINeely; 11-26-2014 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0