11-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #96
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
If someone is intoxicated, shouldn't the cops think "Ohh geez, here's some drunk asshole, let's put our guns away before we approach him because shit can get out of line, he's not thinking properly and can reach for our gun" But no they didn't. I don't train police officers, so i'm no expert on what the cops should do. I understand the cops don't know if the drunkard was armed or not. But these stories all come to me from my friends, i'm not making this shit up.

I kid you not: My coworker told me during his biking days, that a retired cop (now motorcycle instructor) told him that if it wasn't for the uniform, a lot of cops WILL be behind bars.

The first shop theft i ever witnessed as an employee of the store was by a police officer. I Was working at NEXTEL (now Sprint), i sold him a phone, as a police officer, we give them 15% on accessories. So i take out a bunch of phone cases and car chargers to sell to him. He wasn't happy with the 15%, he kept insisting that i give him a better deal. I told him that 15% is the company rule. He was like "c'maaaan dude, you can do better". If i were the store manager i could've given him more discount because he seemed like a cool cop. But unfortunately i'm not the manager. So when i turned around to grab something ( i don't remember)... this asshole shoves the car charger in his bag and acts like nothing happened. I caught him quick, he smiled and said "oh wait i thought it came free with the phone". No asshole, i already told you i can only take 15% off. He apologized and handed me back the charger.

So yea, that's my experience with cops.

I don't hate law enforcers. I have the out most respect for the Law of the land. But these thug cops are screwing it up for the honest good cops.

Your experience with police maybe positive but my experience with police is mainly negative which is why i have a negative point-of-view about police.

My views are not more important than anyone else on this forum, neither is anyone Else's point of view more important than mine.

I'm just your daily citizen confessing about my experiences with police on e90post.com
Bold part hit the nail on the head. It's no secret that SOME cops speed, drink and drive, shoplift, etc. They're people too and some people gravitate towards criminal behavior. Lots of cops probably feel empowered that they can flash a badge to get out of such a situation. However MOST cops won't break the law.

That said I do not think that your average cop, even one drunk with authority and who steals, harasses, etc., will take that feeling to such an extreme as to kill someone just because they think that they can. Stealing a phone charger and taking a life are two completely different things.

The most unjust experience I ever had with a cop was when I was pulled over on the way home from work. I was wearing my scrubs, my GF at the time was in the passenger seat and wearing her scrubs, and we were pulling out of the hospital parking garage. Cop demanded us out of the car saying that he smelled beer on my breath (it was 3pm and I was stone sober), tore my car apart even though I refused the search and then had the good grace to let us go with a warning: "just because you got away with it this time don't get any ideas." Point being, this cop was just an asshole. I think you and I are saying the same thing as far as that goes- some cops are dickheads and spoil public perception of the rest of the bunch. I just think it is a stretch to say that because some cops power trip, some cops steal, some cops are racist even; that a cop would want to kill people with their newfound power. There is a HUGE difference between stealing/harassing and killing, no matter who you are or think you are.
Appreciate 0