View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #86
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I don't know what some of you people make a year or how much disposable income you all might have but I would never call a car priced in the AMG CLA45 price range cheap. Heck I wouldn't call the price for a 135i cheap either.

With regards to the CLA45, I was considering it versus the 135i I ended up buying. The reasons I was considering the 45 was due to the wife beating me up for the 135i being a 2 door car (she wanted me to get a more practical car), the power output of the turbo 4, and as far as I was concerned one of the few options for a car of this type in the price range we're talking about here. The salesman I talked to at the Merc dealer said he sells a lot of CLA250s; they don't stay on the lot long. He also said the CLA45s are also selling equally well and if I wanted to order one the way I want it optioned out it would probably be about 4 to 5 month wait.

What ultimately made me end up with the 135i was I found a black one at a local dealership and the Merc salesman I was working with sort of just blew me off. Maybe it was the way I was dressed when I went into the show room; had sweat pants, sweat shirt, and a ball cap. I guess I didn't fit into their typical profile for a Merc buyer. Almost the same thing happened when the wife and I went into the Acura dealer to test drive a new 2013 RDX. The salesman during the test drive couldn't have acted more dis-interested. That changed later when he realized we were serious as I said we would be putting $20k down on the car.
Appreciate 0