11-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #11
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
hello guyss, hows everyone doing??

I want to have my Junior Prom on a yacht, and was wondering some of you guys could help me out with getting info on it. I live in New York, and my Junior Prom would take place in May or June (June most probably). We will be expecting approzimately 150-200 people. Can anyone refer me to a company that has good prices as well as good boats? Also, if you have any idea as to what the pricing might be, please let me know. Thanks
My Fraternity rented a small yacht for formals and it was 60 people and we had the boat for 4 hours in NewPort Beach, CA. It costed us about $2500 buffet dinner included.

so your looking at about $600 an hour and for a bigger boat for your needs, your looking at $1800-$2000 an hour. It gets pretty expansive, especially for that many people. 200 people capacity yachts are HUGE.

Also you have to be concerned about how much fun you guys are really going to have. Due to liability issues, Yacht rental companies are REALLY REALLY strict on underage drinking because all it takes is 1 dumbass drunk kid to fall overboard for them to be fucked. Then you gotta think about people getting sea sick, concerned parents, and school directors, etc. There are ALOT of details to work out. I hope your not responsible for working this out, because considering your still in highschool and most likely underage, they guna need an adult (most likely your parents) to sign the liability form, that means if something happens, your parents could be sued.

That being said, if you can pull it off, it'll be ill. I know because I was the one that organized the event for my house. It turned out pretty chill, no one fell over but some of the younger memeber didn't have that much fun cuz they couldn't drink. you could always pregame tho.
Appreciate 0