Thread: Spoiled kids!@
View Single Post
      12-10-2005, 12:54 AM   #21
2006bmw
First Class Privates
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

It all depends. Some kids don't let it go to their heads, others do. I have a couple of friends whose parents had money, and they drove cars I was real jealous of (still do, come to think of it). Both really good guys, both never had to work as teenagers, but both work like dogs now, even though they make lots of money doing it.

My boss' kid got a new Mustang GT for his 16th. Real nice kid though, gets great grades. Had to tell his dad not to mention anything about the car of the girl who came over to study, her dad got her a brand new 645i for her 16th. She was embarassed to be driving such an expensive car at her age. Some people are grounded, money or not. Others are complete assholes, without money.

Just because a kid has nice stuff does not automatically mean the kid does not value it. My parents never had the money to buy me a really nice car, but they would have if they could. I don't think I wouldn't have valued it. If I had both money and a kid, I probably would get the kid a nice car. It all depends on the individual.