View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 05:33 AM   #8012
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Your post about the updated Model 3 Performance had me go look at it on Yesla's site with some interest. Meh, it's still a way-past-its-design-prime Model 3. The headlights are a bit better looking, but the front facia isn't that much of a departure to get me interested. The rear is really unchanged and the overall goofy shape doesn't give it presence, IMO. The interior doesn't say driver's car, it still says eco-themed save the planet pod. So, it's fast and AWD; whoopeedoo.

While the M3 is no beauty queen it's at least interesting to look at. I'd rather forgo the Competition version and have the 3-pedal regular brew because it would be far more interesting to drive. And the M3 recharges in 5 minutes and most importantlyin places where there are good roads to drive it on.
The Tesla might be quicker in a straight line but I suspect some track time will deplete the battery in very short order and not be nearly as much fun as the M3 and then there's the resale value. I'd stick with the M3 all day any day.
Appreciate 4
eugenebmw1594.00
M5Rick61805.50
Efthreeoh17475.50