01-29-2018, 06:19 PM   #24
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
+1 on the bolded. I'm not a social person and I choose not to be around most people. I also tend to see myself as realistic but that is oftentimes seen as being negative from others' perspective. It probably doesn't help that I have low tolerance for stupidity and for those who choose not to improve themselves, but I digress..

If a general physician is making those diagnoses and prescribing, I highly recommend that you see a psychologist or other mental health professional who isn't just going to feed you more drugs. A psychiatrist is better than a regular doctor but they'll be more inclined to push pills than do actual therapy with you to improve your mindset by working alongside you.

I'm also taking it this way as well, and why I'm recommending that the OP seek help from a mental health professional. A competent one will be able to work out with you on why you may be feeling this way, so you can get to the source of it all, instead of simply trying to relieve the symptoms exhibited.
Not general physicians, but other mental health professionals. Apparently my symptoms started in the 10th grade, I think I can narrow it down to why. I joined this startup program in our school which took you out of a normal class rotation and put into 2 classes, hard to explain, but I only had two teachers and the same classmates for 2 years. Completed 11th grade in the 10th and 10th grade when I was in the 11th. I guess being taken out of a normal rotation kind of fucked with me, as I lost a ton of friends since I didn't have mutual classes with them.

This isn't really a cry for help, just interested in how others deal with it, and if other people are similar. Judging by the responses it looks like I'm not alone.