View Single Post
      04-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #12
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

My SO/GF/Wifey loves to cruise, she's been on a dozen or so. I've been on 4. 1 Carnival, 2 RCCL, 1 Norwegian. The Norwegian was to Alaska older crowd older crowd designation, nice and quiet classy; Carnival was out of NO to Western Caribe in a nutshell did not like boat was not that well equipped staff could not have given a damn but was a party; 2 RCCL one to West Caribe one to Mexican Riv both nice boats Oasis and Freedom clean friendly staff. Going again in June Oasis again but East Caribe. Order I went was Norwegian first then RCCL Mex, Then Carnival then back RCCL. Personally I prefer RCCL, Norwegian was very nice but cost much more and a bit more mature and quiet. Helps my girl is an Anchor Society or whatever RCCL's top tier is we get freebies and no lines. I echo others to me it's all about the ports. We got into this stalemate with her family as her brother has kids(mine are adults) 14 to 17 and they all want the biggest best equipped boat and we want good ports. We settled on this years cruise to the ports we wanted and they had to pay a bit more. We own a timeshare with SPG so we book via them and get member rates plus her discounts for being on 9 cruises with RCCL. Shop around you can good eals if diligent.
Oh and ports I like were Grand Cayman, Turks, PR and Cozumel. Jamaica was nice once have a buddy who lives there been befroe cruising there. Only port I really did not like ever was Labidee(Haiti). Don't particularly care for the ports owned by the lines think that's a gimick to me.

Last edited by Bobble; 04-11-2014 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0