08-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #219
elistan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, AP1 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick719 View Post
I'm about to seal the floor on my new garage too. I decided to go with the Rustoleum epoxy clear coating with the stain. I've heard the stories about the colored sealant peeling up after a while and being very noticeable. So I chose the charcoal stain and clear instead. I figure if it does peel up in spots, it will be less noticeable and I can just add more clear epoxy to patch it.

Latest update pic of my house. They are doing the interior finishes now. 10 more days and it's mine.
You'll have to report back what you think about it once you're done with the coating. (Oh, and don't forget the anti-slip additive.)

The construction manager recommended putting a bit of sand down in the control joints of the floor, then filling the joint with Sikaflex self-leveling sealant.

Any plans for the driveway? We're new to Colorado - is there anything that can be done to help with snow/ice removal for a north-facing driveway? Sealing strikes me as a way to make it so slippery when wet that it'll be undriveable, but we've heard that the cold stuff won't melt away like on a south-facing driveway that gets sunlight. (And do they use salt here that we need to worry about?)
Appreciate 0