08-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #298
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
When I first started working downtown, I loved that there were so many restaurants within walking distance to choose from. The downside is constantly having to deal with the pan-handlers harassing you for money, especially on the 16th street mall. It was getting so bad that the city enacted a "no urban camping" measure to keep these guys from sleeping on 16th street overnight. Some residents complained that the city was unrightfully discriminating against these people and more should be done to help them, while most residents approved of the measure.

These complaining residents don't seem to realize how many people travel to and stay in downtown Denver for things other than tourism like conferences and expos that are constantly going on at the convention center. It's bad for business and detracts from appeal of the city if these travelers see a large transient population on the streets harassing them for money.

As far as the tattoos go, it seems like staying un-inked is going against the grain these days.
Too True. I was there for a convention. Left early and went up to Estes Park. (Didn't know it was crazy busy this time of year)

I defiantly felt like an outsider without a tattoo!