01-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #8
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveMizdaman View Post
it is actually very hard to price a service like this. And im sure they did research and probably found that a good amount of people are running on at least 5mbps I mean that's probably like the new 56.6k dial up speed lol well at least for me. I had 25mbps for at least 10 yrs but about a year ago I boosted to 50mbps D/L and 30mbps U/L. Best $10 a month I've spent lol might actually go $10 more a month for 75mbps dl and 45mbps u/l. After that it starts getting more expensive.

and you brought up a good point with ability to play offline. But I guess that's not the point in a stream/cloud service so I doubt they would do that, but anything is possible
I agree, in most of the developed world (which is most of their market) everybody has high speed for the most part. I agree with you on high speed, though everything seems slow now that I have experienced Google Fiber. I want GigE to my other houses now.

I'm sure they will tell those who want to play online that they will need to continue to buy the PSX for those services and can use the streaming service on that when they are able to find an internet source.
Appreciate 0