United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
It is NOT a sports car (the americans still havent grasped that concept) it's just a muscle car. Loads of power in a flimsy chassis. Almost tractor like. Yes the LS series small blocks are great powerplants and 450hp is a solid output.. but I dont care for the sound.. the all new ford coyote motor spanks it for sound and engineering, too bad IT is saddled into that brutal truck.. called a mustang.

hopefully some day the american auto manufacturers will pull their heads out of their respective asses and build proper drivers cars..
It is not that flimsy of a chassis. Here's a quote from the CNN Money article that is linked on the first page:

"The car's new aluminum structure is 99 pounds lighter than the steel frame underlying today's Corvette while it's also 57% stiffer. The body is made from composite materials, including carbon fiber in the hood and roof panels."

While most American cars do not fit into the "driver's car" category, I would have to say the C6 Corvette Z06 and Mustang Boss 302 are pretty damn close considering their performance.