12-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #23
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92K.C10 View Post
where do you get they from and how much are they i would very like to get the white M3 in the first pic
I normally buy them from BMW directly, but most of the time, BMW order boring colours from the model manufacturer's like black's and blue for their models.
Normally, if you wait a few months later, the model manufacturer (Kyosho) will release their version for sale to the general public and offer better colours like Silverstone Silver, Melbourne Red, etc.

I tend to always buy a dealer version and then the general sale version a few months later once released, depending on the colour.

The Alpine White M3 in the first pic was bought from a BMW dealer, and unfortunately has long been sold out for a few years
So much so, that it's very rare and sells for around £150 on ebay. (I bought it for around £45 i think). I just had a quick look on ebay now and could not find any.

(There is a similar BMW M3 Alpine White model with the same silver wheels made by a manufacturer called Mondo Motors for around £30, but it is of very poor quality so stay away from that).

The E93 M3 convertible in Alpine White is still available on ebay for around £76 if that's any use.

Kyosho did also release a 1/18 Alpine White E92 M3 earlier this year (and also in Silverstone Silver), but the only difference with that is that it came with black wheels, as opposed to the silver wheels that came on the dealer edition in the first pic.
Hopefully, you can see the difference here with the wheel:

Black wheels:

Silver wheels as per first pic:

I found a 1/18 Alpine White M3 with the black wheels on ebay for around £100 from Germany; it seems that there are not many of these around too!

Let me know if you need any help

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0