Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vachss View Post
The point, I would hope, is to encourage forum readers to participate and be creative.

This insistence on precise adherence to rules is really starting to make me sad. This is a small contest on a small forum and one could easily make it so restrictive that nobody participates. Is that really what you want?

My take is that, henceforward, the spirit of the photo contests should be inclusive rather than exclusive. Forum members vote on the results. If forum members don't like a picture or disagree with its interpretation of the contest's theme then they shouldn't vote for it. Period. No other corrective mechanism is needed.
Well I agree partially but maybe you should go back and check SOME of the voting on the previous contests... the one that fits the theme the best doesn't always win. Remember people who don't frequent this section much sometimes see the poll and vote for which ever one has the prettiest colors or the coolest looking car in it.

Whatever, lets just move on. I guess nobody see's it the same way I do. I'm not trying to make it exclusive to anyone or not include anyone of any skill level. I just wish people would try to adhere to the simple rules we have in place, its not hard and if you have a question or don't know if it fits, you can always ask to resubmit a photo that does. The point of these contests is to let EVERYONE compete in them, just as much as is a chance for everyone to go out and shoot more and LEARN more and get better. I just don't see how anyone learns or gets better if we allow their photos that might not fit.
Appreciate 0