View Single Post
      12-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #24
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Here's why I wouldn't consider it...the interior.

There's no question that Cadlilac/GM can match and likely exceed the performance of the German rivals. However, most of us and certainly the general public spend the majority of the time inside the car driving around town. As such the interior and tech need to feel just as special as the performance capabilities of the car and that's where GM/Cadillac fall short to the German rivals. The CUE infotainment stack in the Cadillac is inferior the German rivals by a long margin.

Hopefully in the next iteration, GM will have the performance AND the interior tech and design to compete with the Germans. Then I'd consider it. Also not a fan of the 8 spd auto (and reading the reviews of the same tranny in the Z06 - it doesn't seem to be as good as marketed by GM)
CUE isn't that bad once you get used to it. I think a lot like iDrive when it first came out, the hate towards CUE is exaggerated and just the popular thing to rag on these days.

iDrive wasn't bad when it came out and CUE isn't either. Sure CUE could use some more processing power( or a bit more efficient coding not sure what could be the issue) in regards to the zoom function in the navigation( can be a bit slow to recognize your pinch to zoom/slow animation or pressing the zoom buttons), but other than that it is smooth and fluid.

Last edited by quagmire; 12-22-2014 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0