United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Any sh1t can be self taught.

Look at Michael Faraday (Physicist). This guy is self taught, He didn't even attend univ/college, and became one of the most important physicist of all time. Even Albert Einstein posted his picture on his study hall. I bet not a lot of electrical engineers actually understand most of his work.

However, anyone here who is bragging about how much more they make or how smarter they are relative to whatever higher edu is just silly.
If you were that freaking smart, you would NOT be working in order to receive a damn paycheck (or write your own paycheck, or ask a damn BOD/General Partners/Chairman or whatever the F for a raise). I know some of you who brag about how much you guys make are anxiously waiting for your next paycheck.
Your example is about two once in a generation scientists that had IQs much higher than the normal population. I bet if you look at the number if scientists/physicists who attended college compared to those that didn't it's upwards of 99% did attend college. You can find outliers in every population but the fact remains that if you want to get into a field like that you'll probably need to go to college.

Nobody is claiming to be smarter by going to college, at least I'm not, but many careers require a college education just I become certified. CPAs, lawyers, M.D.'s, Teachers, etc all have a basic education requirement in order to sit for licensure. Not only that but most states have laws preventing you from working jn those fields unless you are licensed so teaching it to yourself doesn't sanitary the education requirements.

Last edited by Seminole; 06-10-2014 at 07:53 AM..
Appreciate 0